Spring is in the air, and flowers aren’t the only thing blooming. With the holidays over and the kids back to school, the hottest period of the housing market activates. Selling a house in spring is definitely the best option for Colorado Springs homeowners who wish to sell fast. In this article, we’ll discuss the top 4 reasons why you need to list your house this spring.
1. Warmer Weather Equals Active Buyers
While people don’t exactly hibernate during the winter, there’s no doubt that there is a tendency for home buyers to lay low during the cold months. Between holiday celebrations and school activities, the market becomes slow, with few houses on sale.
By the time spring rolls around, homebuyers are anxious and ready to go on the lookout for their next home.
As clocks spring forward in March, they announce the longer days ahead. More sunlight means more opportunities for buyers to go out and look for homes. The warmer weather is also more inviting to go outside and search for a new home. After all, no one wants to check out homes on a dark or cold winter evening.
Moving is Easier
Spring is also an excellent time to schedule moving into a new home. The weather is pleasant and cooperative when moving boxes and furniture from one place to another.
School Season Will Be Over Soon
For buyers with kids in school, spring is the perfect time to search for a new home as they can close the deal right around the time the school year is over. This way, their kid’s school year isn’t disrupted, and they can move in when they’re on summer vacations.
2. Exploit Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Spring is the best time to showcase your home in its best moment. Take advantage of the bright light, green grass, and blooming flowers to highlight your home’s best features and catch the buyer’s attention. Set up a barbecue in your backyard, add natural flowers to your kitchen, whatever it takes to make your home more inviting and warm.
3. Competitive Market
As the spring season approaches, more and more houses go for sale, and prices go up. However, there is also a simultaneous increase in the number of people looking to buy a home, which creates bidding wars and competition. Use this to your advantage by highlighting your home’s unique features and entice buyers.
4. Get a Head Start
If you’re thinking of selling your Colorado Springs home, you’re probably buying a new one as well. Listing your home in the springtime allows you to get a head start on your home buying process.
Here are 3 ways to plan for success:
- Stage your home: Make sure your house is looking as beautiful as ever. Paying attention to the little details can come a long way to close a sale.
- Price it right the first time: If your price is too high from the start, you may lose out on potential buyers who rule you out as “out of their budget.”
- Stay Competitive: Even though the market is hot, there is no guarantee that you’ll sell your home fast. Stay on top of your game, analyze the homes on the market near you and highlight your home’s strengths.
Sell Your House For Cash in Colorado Springs
Forget about searching online for “how to sell my house fast for cash,” Colorado Cash For Keys can help. We buy houses in Colorado Springs and save you money in the process.
- No Commission or Fees: Forget about paying 6% commission on the sale to real estate agents. We charge no additional commissions or fees. No hidden costs or gimmicks.
- No Home Improvements or Repairs: Save thousands of dollars on the repairs you thought your home needed to be sold. We don’t need your home to be clean or have repairs fixed. We’ll buy it as-is.
- Get an Immediate Cash Offer: Best of all, there’s no need to wait months or years to close the deal on your home. We can get you an offer and pay you off in as little as 7 days.
Get in touch with us today and request a free quote. Call (970) 692-9446 or fill our short online form to get started.